It is a mesh woven in high density polyethylene covered in aluminum on both sides, which is presented in different densities of fabric, offering variety in percentages of dark 33% - 50% - 65% - 75%.
Mechanisms of action and applications
Regulates the day and night temperature by reflection.
During the day it reflects the solar radiation, lowering the temperature considerably in high peaks of the sun, so its application is necessary in:
1. All types of crops that require regulating the temperature, generating a suitable microclimate for the sown species.
2. Nurseries, rooting benches and propagation rooms of any type of crop flowers, coffee, cocoa, African palm, ornamental plants, etc. Sites where adequate and regulated temperatures are required for healthy germination and growth.
3. In floriculture ideal for cutting stations and post-harvest rooms and classification considerably lengthening the useful life of the cut flower.
4. Lowering the daytime temperature with the use of ALUMITEX® decreases the frequency of irrigation in crops.
5. In general it can be used in any area where it is required to lower the high temperatures, warehouses, mobile tents, coliseums, industry, etc.
6. In poultry farming, shedding with ALUMITEX® lowers the temperature to levels that provide caloric comfort, decreasing the percentage of mortality due to heat stress in growth stages.
During the night by reflection, it prevents the accelerated loss of long-wave infrared rays, helping to maintain a higher temperature in the areas covered with ALUMITEX® VS. The outside temperature, therefore, is very useful in:
1. Protect your crops from frost that can cause total losses.
2. Adequate handling of the temperature delta for permanent production (shortening production cycles).
3. In areas where low night temperatures are frequent and permanent, and the installation of heating is necessary, whether it is gas, electricity or air ducts, the use of ALUMITEX® generates a great saving in expenses, considerably reducing the use of these types of heaters.
4. In all the above cases the ALUMITEX® must be installed retractable.
ALUMITEX®, because it is a band covered with aluminum on both sides, favors the use of diffuse light, so its use as a cover and peripheral curtains is ideal in areas of low luminosity or periods of high cloudiness that delay crops due to low photosynthesis.
ALUMITEX® for its aluminum coating has a refraction effect of light that prevents and disturbs the vision of some pests protecting the enclosed crops with our ALUMITEX® thermal screen (it has been shown that it lowers the population density of some pests such as the quarry mosquito , the white fly, thrips, etc.).
In floriculture some varieties of roses such as JADE and VENDEA for export, buyers demand long stems. ALUMITEX® due to phototropism produces this elongation. It must be installed in a fixed way.